Nobody graces the screen with barely legal levels of stress and is pushed to the ultimate brink like our pal Michael Douglas. I mean nobody. From 1987 to 1994 alone he was involved in 3 seductive thrillers with some of the most luscious ladies in the business. These films featured unforgettable steamy scenes as well as a brilliant portrayal of a man pushed to the edge in every way, shape and form. This Michael Douglas sexual trifecta we’re referring to is of course Fatal Attraction, Basic Instinct and Disclosure.
Lets examine some mandatory aspects:
The Look? Hair slicked back, sweat, trench coat, slacks with pleats, tassel loafers and over sized, dramatic aviator sunglasses.
The Goods? A carton of cigarettes, firm drink (straight, no rocks) and an $80,000 car.
The Feeling? High stress, high blood pressure and exceedingly high sexual tension.
There’s no doubting it, Michael Douglas brings a certain ambiance to his movies that I must thank the Valerie Collective for reminding me about. It just so happens that in the past three years, the great Valerie project College has channeled this distinct atmosphere we speak of into three very special mixes. Here’s what he had to say…”Michael Douglas gives off a certain charisma in his films that has inspired me to make a little mix for August. I think we can call this the ‘Douglas Touch”. After taking pleasure in these mixes, be sure to follow up by re-discovering Michael’s filmography with classics not mentioned like Wall Street, Black Rain and Falling Down, where you will bare witness to new dimensions of stress. Enjoy.
[mix 1] I Made Love to Sharon Stone
1. TANGERINE DREAM – LOVE ON A REAL TRAIN (EXTENDED MIX)
2. CHRIS DE BURGH – LADY IN RED
3. THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT – PIPELINE
4. NENEH CHERRY – MANCHILD
5. THE BELOVED – SWEET HARMONY
6. MASSIVE ATTACK – UNFINISHED SYMPATHY
7. BRIAN FERRY – SLAVE TO LOVE
[mix 2] I Made Love to Demi Moore
1. TANGERINE DREAM – HEARTBREAKERS
2. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN – SAD EYES
3. STEVIE NICKS – STAND BACK
4. CHRIS REA – JOSEPHINE
5. JAN HAMMER – CANDY
6. STEVE WINWOOD – VALERIE
[mix 3] I Made Love to Kim Basinger
1. THE DREAM ACADEMY – PLEASE PLEASE LET ME GET WHAT I WANT
2. CINDY LAUPER – TIME AFTER TIME
3. ERIC CARMEN – HUNGRY EYES
4. F.R. DAVID – STAY
5. WHITNEY HOUSTON – HOW WILL I KNOW
6. JANE WIEDLIN – RUSH HOUR
7. JANE FONDA & MICHAEL BRECKNER – AEROBICS